Participated in a Panel on Sustainable Transition Pathways in African Economies at the SDG Summit hosted by UCT on 14 September. The SDG Summit was an international conference hosted by UCT that included many international speakers from across Africa. My inputs at the UCT SDG Summit drew on the work I’m doing at the moment for the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa Central Africa Office – a concept note on ‘transformational leadership’ for a summit of the 11 countries in November. Drawing on political settlements theory, the focus is the leadership and institutional conditions for economic transformation and effective industrial policy within a carbon- and resource-constrained world.
- Podcast with Peter Bruce on the SA energy transition, 14 June 2022
- Can finance enable the deep transition?
- Making Climate Capital Work
- The long and short of load-shedding solutions
- Call for papers for International Sustainability Transitions Conference co-hosted by Stellenbosch University, Georgetown University, and Monash University
- Can economic policy escape state capture? on
- Reflections on Experimentation, Futuring and Incrementalism, with special reference to the African context on
- Global trends, SA context – the centrality of the global renewable energy revolution on
- Renewables, oil peak and the crisis of banking on
- Weight of Cities, Experimentation and Transdisciplinarity on