Participating in the International Resource Panel’s (IRP) Africa Regional Stakeholder Consultation about the research agenda of the IRP for the next three years. Together with my work for the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) Central Africa Office, it pleases me that I am being drawn back into Africa-centred work. There is a new generation emerging, many of whom are products of the revolutions and uprisings of the last two decades. An excellent example if Aya Chebbi from Tunisia – a leader of the North African uprisings, and now an African Union Commissioner. Keynote speaker at the UCT SDG Summit that I addressed 2 days ago. She was pure dynamic – no longer usual boring stuff about ‘Africa’s Challenges’ or worse – normative statements drawn from UN tropes that lack any contextual feel.
- Podcast with Peter Bruce on the SA energy transition, 14 June 2022
- Can finance enable the deep transition?
- Making Climate Capital Work
- The long and short of load-shedding solutions
- Call for papers for International Sustainability Transitions Conference co-hosted by Stellenbosch University, Georgetown University, and Monash University
- Can economic policy escape state capture? on
- Reflections on Experimentation, Futuring and Incrementalism, with special reference to the African context on
- Global trends, SA context – the centrality of the global renewable energy revolution on
- Renewables, oil peak and the crisis of banking on
- Weight of Cities, Experimentation and Transdisciplinarity on