Today (21 October 2019) I’m at a AIDC event on Energy Transitions and the role of transformed Eskom. I’m delivering a talk on the current crisis and the transition to renewable energy. Interesting group, including many unionists and progressive organizations. Last Friday delivered a similar talk to the trade unions involved in Nedlac – SAFTU, FEDUSA, COSATU and NACTU. Very good discussion. The publication of the (correct) IRP late Friday has really redefined the terms of the conversation.
- Latest research from our Mphil students….
- Eskom is in a death spiral, so its time to change the energy ballgame – Daily Maverick, 18 February 2020
- R6 billion – first estimate of Just Transition in South Africa
- On my way home…..
- Transformational Infrastructure for Development of a Wellbeing Economy in Africa
- Can economic policy escape state capture? on
- Reflections on Experimentation, Futuring and Incrementalism, with special reference to the African context on
- Global trends, SA context – the centrality of the global renewable energy revolution on
- Renewables, oil peak and the crisis of banking on
- Weight of Cities, Experimentation and Transdisciplinarity on