It’s been quite a week. Started off last Friday with 2 talks at the Reframing Economics conference at Wits – one on the green transition and the other on non-equilibrium Economics. On Tuesday i did a keynote at Africa Powerweek in Sandton on investment trends in the African power sector. Then on Wednesday I spoke on a panel at the Financing the Future conference at the Two Oceans Aquarium in Cape Town (amazing group from 40 countries, mainly activists and progressive finance people) during the day, and then that night a talk to an activist audience at AIDC on SA’s energy transition. Last night my men’s group met and we had an amazingly intimate 3 hour session facing – in Sandile’s words – “our collective shadow” at a time when men are destroying all around us almost everything that is precious. Such a privilege being with such a diverse group of men who trust one another and are prepared to be vulnerable with each other. Deeply, deeply moving. And so transformative.
- Can economic policy escape state capture? on
- Reflections on Experimentation, Futuring and Incrementalism, with special reference to the African context on
- Global trends, SA context – the centrality of the global renewable energy revolution on
- Renewables, oil peak and the crisis of banking on
- Weight of Cities, Experimentation and Transdisciplinarity on