Hi everyone, I am looking for a piece of land in Gauteng that could be developed as a socially mixed ecologically designed Ecovillage. I want to draw on my 20 year experience in the Lynedoch Ecovillage and work with others to do the same in Gauteng. Unlike before, funding for this kind of development is now easier to get. Ideally, I am looking for someone who does not want to sell but is prepared to come in as a development partner to realize the value of their land in a socially and ecologically responsible manner. We need living examples of the future to show that it is possible to live differently. Let me know if you are who we are looking for, or maybe you know someone. The property can be as small as a few hectares or much larger. Viability will depend on location. The ideal would be a high density urban development but happy to consider any option. The land will speak.
- Green New Deal in Africa – talk at the Rethinking Economics in Africa Conference, Wits
- 20 year anniversary of the Sustainability Institute
- Looking back on a roller-coaster ride over the past few weeks…..
- South African probe into corruption awaits a star witness – Jacob Zuma
- Co-teaching the Globalization and Development module with Gael Giraud
- Can economic policy escape state capture? on
- Reflections on Experimentation, Futuring and Incrementalism, with special reference to the African context on
- Global trends, SA context – the centrality of the global renewable energy revolution on
- Renewables, oil peak and the crisis of banking on
- Weight of Cities, Experimentation and Transdisciplinarity on