Coming to the end of my first proper back at work after my long sabbatical. So amazing to back in the space of the Sustainability Institute, and tomorrow I’ll return to the CST (Centre for Complex Systems in Transition) to see if I still have a desk. Just finished going through the applications for the 2019 intake into our Masters programme – really amazing people applying, with many more from African countries, which is really great. As usual, the majority of the applications are from women, and most black women. Not sure how to explain this demographic. Buried below a mudslide of academic admin, the beautiful memory of my near-completed book is receding – so worried about that!
- Green New Deal in Africa – talk at the Rethinking Economics in Africa Conference, Wits
- 20 year anniversary of the Sustainability Institute
- Looking back on a roller-coaster ride over the past few weeks…..
- South African probe into corruption awaits a star witness – Jacob Zuma
- Co-teaching the Globalization and Development module with Gael Giraud
- Can economic policy escape state capture? on
- Reflections on Experimentation, Futuring and Incrementalism, with special reference to the African context on
- Global trends, SA context – the centrality of the global renewable energy revolution on
- Renewables, oil peak and the crisis of banking on
- Weight of Cities, Experimentation and Transdisciplinarity on