Talked delivered at a workshop of Just Transition researchers at Northeastern University, Boston. Thanks to Shalanda Baker for arranging this. This way my first attempt to present an outline of the book I am writing to an audience outside South Africa. My book – entitled Just Transitions in a Complex World_ Reflections of an Enraged Incrementalist – will attempt to integrate various levels of analysis from the metatheoretical, to the meso-theoretical, and to the very practical and empirical. This short talks attempts to capture what I want to write about.
- Green New Deal in Africa – talk at the Rethinking Economics in Africa Conference, Wits
- 20 year anniversary of the Sustainability Institute
- Looking back on a roller-coaster ride over the past few weeks…..
- South African probe into corruption awaits a star witness – Jacob Zuma
- Co-teaching the Globalization and Development module with Gael Giraud
- Can economic policy escape state capture? on
- Reflections on Experimentation, Futuring and Incrementalism, with special reference to the African context on
- Global trends, SA context – the centrality of the global renewable energy revolution on
- Renewables, oil peak and the crisis of banking on
- Weight of Cities, Experimentation and Transdisciplinarity on