The Rector-Mayor Forum that coordinates activities between Stellenbosch University and Stellenbosch Municipality facilitated an amazing collaboration between Stellenbosch University researchers and top municipal officials to develop a spatial vision for Stellenbosch town. Called the Shaping Stellenbosch campaign, this resulted in an innovative Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) approach to the future. Unfortunately, the approach has not been adopted because influential land owners on the peripheries have convinced key policy makers that it is preferable to sprawl Stellenbosch outwards away from the poor areas and lively CBD. The Shaping Stellenbosch document is attached.
- Centre for Complex Systems in Transition – two years on on
- Global trends, SA context – the centrality of the global renewable energy revolution on
- Renewables, oil peak and the crisis of banking on
- Weight of Cities, Experimentation and Transdisciplinarity on
- Failing states, resource conflicts, end of the cheap oil era and what comes next, with special reference to the global renewable energy revolution and its financial and political implications on