This is a documentary that demonstrates the application of a transdisciplinary research programme in the informal settlement of Enkanini in Stellenbosch that I coordinated during the period 2011-2015. Funded by the National Research Foundation, this programme and documentary captures how we re-interpreted what transdisciplinary research means and used it not only to understand what is going on (systems knowledge), but also to trigger a process of social transformation that resulted in the establishment of the iShack social enterprise.
- Centre for Complex Systems in Transition – two years on on
- Global trends, SA context – the centrality of the global renewable energy revolution on
- Renewables, oil peak and the crisis of banking on
- Weight of Cities, Experimentation and Transdisciplinarity on
- Failing states, resource conflicts, end of the cheap oil era and what comes next, with special reference to the global renewable energy revolution and its financial and political implications on