This is a documentary that demonstrates the application of a transdisciplinary research programme in the informal settlement of Enkanini in Stellenbosch that I coordinated during the period 2011-2015. Funded by the National Research Foundation, this programme and documentary captures how we re-interpreted what transdisciplinary research means and used it not only to understand what is going on (systems knowledge), but also to trigger a process of social transformation that resulted in the establishment of the iShack social enterprise.
- Can economic policy escape state capture?
- Global Renewable Revolution: Dynamics, Projections and Democratic Alternatives
- Towards a Socially Just and Sustainable Economy: Deepening the Dialogue – Co-hosted with Thuli Madonsela
- Land invasions in Stellenbosch
- Reflections on my first experience of the World Economic Forum, Davos 2019
- Can economic policy escape state capture? on
- Reflections on Experimentation, Futuring and Incrementalism, with special reference to the African context on
- Global trends, SA context – the centrality of the global renewable energy revolution on
- Renewables, oil peak and the crisis of banking on
- Weight of Cities, Experimentation and Transdisciplinarity on